Apply For The Regional Innovation Coordinator (RIC) Role
The #SCRIPT (Sunshine Coast Regional Innovation Program Team) is seeking a Regional Innovation Coordinator (RIC) to provide a flexible resource to the Sunshine Coast Innovation Ecosystem and enable SCRIPT objectives to be delivered
#SCRIPT vision is to fuel the culture of innovation on the Sunshine Coast. #SCRIPT is a collaboration of local entrepreneurs, businesses, government stakeholders and community members dedicated to growing innovation and business capacity on the coast. To bring about these outcomes, activities and resources are aligned to the following key priority areas:
- Smart Cities
- Food and Agribusiness
- Health and Wellbeing
- Sustainability and Environment; and
- Creative Industries
SCRIPT is funded by Advance Queensland (50%) and matched by 32 local collaborative partners (a total of $1million over three years to June 2020).
The SCRIPT program and partners seek to support and attract innovators to the region, showcase the world-class business environment we have, connect entrepreneurs to capacity building programs, mentors, facilities, labs, events and networks.
About the role of the Regional Innovation Coordinator (RIC)
Note: Ms Coby Sullivan has been in the RIC s role since Oct 2017. Coby will be taking leave from mid-June 2019 and is available in the handover/induction phase.
The RIC is a proactive facilitator, a self-starter that is goal-oriented with a tenacious work ethic. The RIC is an exciting, semi-autonomous, multi-stakeholder, entrepreneurial role fostering communication and collaboration across the regional innovation ecosystem, both internally and externally to the beautiful, world-class Sunshine Coast and Noosa Local Government areas (Sunshine Coast Region). You will service existing and new innovative businesses across the region and have the ability to base yourself at the Innovation Centre Sunshine Coast (ICSC), the Peregian Technology Hub (and other coworking hubs across the region where relevant), based on client/partner demand.
- Category: Part-time employee
- Role: Regional Innovation Coordinator, #SCRIPT
- Seniority: Leader, connector, change agent, innovator, capacity builder
- Geographical Area: Sunshine Coast & Noosa Local Government Area
- Location: Working remotely and across a number of innovation hubs and co-working spaces in the region.
- Travel: Must be able to travel regionally (and nationally, if required
- Reporting line: 1. Operational / Reporting Issues: CEO, Innovation Centre Sunshine Coast 2. Strategic Issues: Chair of the #SCRIPT Steering Commitee
- Start Date: 3rd June 2019
- Maximum Term: 3rd June 2019 to 30 June 2020 (4 days per week)
- Remuneration: $80,000 per annum (total package)
This operational role is critical to the ongoing success of the SCRIPT service delivery and project management phase. The RIC connects innovators to people, programs, facilities and service providers locally and nationally, and manages a range of partnerships and service contracts. The RIC will promote the innovation strengths of the region both internally and externally and work with businesses, industry, places and spaces to maximise their impact.
The successful applicant will have a strong understanding of the local digital and innovation economy – the strengths, challenges and opportunities; be engaged across a number of technologies and have a history of collaboration and connection. It is critical that you can demonstrate entrepreneurial vision, experience and commitment to collective capacity building – to benefit the entire region.
- Demonstrated marketing, project management skills, including a history of delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Excellent relationship management and diplomacy skills
- Demonstrated ability to bring stakeholders together around a common agenda
- Experience in the field of business development and expert facilitation
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to work independently
- High level reporting and written communication skills
Specifically, RIC tasks include:
- Operate a concierge service for the introduction and matching of innovators to local capacity building (including existing / new SCRIPT funded programs and initiatives).
- Coordinate the delivery of key events involving the contract and relationship management of appointed delivery partners
- Support co-work, innovation and maker space owners and operators to maximise the return from involvement in the regional innovation program
- Support program partners, in-kind partners, round-table partners to maximise the return from involvement in the regional innovation program maximise their impact.
- Operation and publication of the Regional Innovation Benchmark (RIB)
- Take overall responsibility for the development and maintenance of SCRIPT operations, key projects, data analytics, calendars, directories, etc
- Adhere to project management disciplines including strong financial management and governance.
To be considered for this role, you will be required to:
- Submit a summary of your experience and qualifications (resume format);
- Submit a cover letter addressing the essential skills (1,000 words maximum).
- Applications should be addressed to Sandra King, My Human Resources Manager.
- e: firstname.lastname@example.org SUBJECT LINE: #SCRIPT RIC Application
- Applications close midnight, Friday 10th May 2019. Applicants are encouraged to read the #SCRIPT 2018 Annual Report
Do you know an entrepreneur with a successful track record in developing and scaling startups? Let them know that SCRIPT is currently seeking an Entrepreneur In The Region! http://digitalsunshinecoast.com.au/apply-for-the-entrepreneur-in-the-reg...